Thursday, December 5, 2013

And so a new adventure begins

I Have no clue why I decided to start a daily blog. Maybe it was the fact that one of my best friends just left on an LDS mission to the Philippines for two years, and I figured I should keep track of all my insane stunts and crazy ideas for him to read and laugh when he gets back. Maybe it was the fact that I am going to Portugal (my home country) for a month over Christmas and wanted to keep track of everything that happens. Maybe it was simply that being unemployed, I needed something to do, and a blog seemed like a good idea.

Either way, here I am, and here you are, so we might as well get started.

Today, being a wednesday, ran rather uneventful. I woke up having dreamt all sorts of ideas (this blog might have been one) and headed straight to the kitchen for food. Last night my dad (step-dad) and I went to an authentic mexican restaurant for dinner, and I had to bring the rest of my food home with me, since I could not finish the heaps of meat, rice and beans that they piled on that 2 foot diameter plate. So, like any hungry guy would do, I ate the left-overs for breakfast. Rest assured, I did heat them up first.

After that, I happily waltzed over to Llydia, my vertical Kawai piano of whom I recently pulled apart, cleaned, lubed and pieced back together, and sat down with a few piano songs from Michele McLaughlin playing in my ears.

As odd as it sounds saying it, I grew bored of playing, so off to the computer I went. Recently I contacted a new friend (Anna <last name being withheld>) who, in my opinion, is the female version of me, but a few years older. She is a web designer, and thinking like I always do, I figured I'd give it a shot. Thinking back to the old age of Blogger, I decided to give Wordpress.com a try. .....Except I am not willing to spend money just so I can customize my "theme", or the CSS style sheet, and since I couldn't force CSS into the posts (kind of like an SQL injection), I quickly migrated back to Blogger. Happily did I find that their UI got a revamp, and more options were added. Yay for free customization! But since blogger doesn't have the amount of storage that Wordpress does, I upload all files into Wordpress, and just link to them in Blogger. Brilliant, I know. :)

After a few hours in GIMP creating banners (the noteflight one had to be frankensteined together) and a few more stealing the styles from wordpress and applying it to Blogger, The Rant Corner is finally complete! <insert evil laugh here>!!! The only thing missing really, is checking if Blogger has an android app, so I can post on the go when I'm in Portugal.

With that said, it's 2:24AM, and I need food. I mean, I need sleep too, but I'm hungry since the only thing I ate today was that giant breakfast. And the banana. ...And the rest of the cinnamon chex cereal thingys.

I think that has been all for today. As always, thank you for reading, and don't forget to share my page(s) with friends, family and other arranged/deranged kinds of kin!



No comments:

Post a Comment